If you’re scheduled for an inbody scan, it’s important to prepare properly so that the results are accurate. Many wonder what you should and shouldn’t do to prepare for your Inbody scan.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare for your inbody scan:
1) Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your appointment. This will help flush out any toxins and ensure accurate results.
2) Avoid eating fatty foods or drinking alcohol in the hours before your scan. These substances can impact the accuracy of the results. You may want to even cut back on these items a few days prior.
3) Wear loose clothing and remove all jewelry and metal objects from your body on the day of the scan. Metal can create interference with the scanning process. Bulky clothing can add incorrect weight measurements to your Inbody scan results. You also cannot wear socks during your Inbody test as it will not allow the machine to send accurate electrical signals for precise measurements.
4) Bring along any previous medical records or test results that you have so you can go over your progress with your coach or nutritionist. Many Inbody Scanners store your prior scan results making this unnecessary.
What Not to do Before your Inbody Scan
Inbody along with many health experts has several tips and advice on what not to do before your Inbody scan. Being prepped to achieve the most accurate Inbody scan results is essential to tracking your progress the right way.
- Do not work out intensely or do any sort of strenuous activity in the hours leading up to your scan as this can impact your results.
- Do not drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverages before your Inbody appointment. Caffeine is a diuretic and will cause you to lose water weight, which will show up and alter the Inbody result
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before your Inbody scan. Alcohol consumption can lead to dehydration, which will impact the accuracy of your results.
- Avoid salty foods in the days leading up to your Inbody scan as they can cause you to retain water weight and alter the numbers on the scale.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that you get the most accurate Inbody scan results possible. This will help you obtain the truest and most accurate results from your hard work.
When is the best time to do your Inbody Scan?
The best time to do your Inbody scan is first thing in the morning before you have eaten or drank anything. This will give you the most accurate reading of your body composition.
If you are unable to do your Inbody scan first thing in the morning, it’s important that you at least fast for at least 12 hours before your appointment. This means no eating or drinking.
Lindy Health suggests getting your Inbody scan between 8 am and 10 am for the most fasted and optimal body scan conditions.
If you are unable to do your Inbody scan in the Morning we suggest you make sure all the conditions of your scan are consistent from scan to scan including:
- Same time
- The same amount of hydration
- The same amount of food consumed
- The same type of lightweight clothing
While taking your Inbody scans under the same conditions is not 100% necessary it helps maintain accurate tracking during your health and body transformation.
What to Wear for your Inbody Scan
Many aspiring healthy people and those looking to get great Inbody scan results to wonder what you should wear for your Inbody scan.
It’s important to wear light and comfortable clothing that is not too tight. You also want to make sure you have removed all jewelry and metal objects from your body as these can interfere with the Inbody scan.
You also want to avoid wearing bulky clothing as this can add extra weight measurements that will show up in your results.
Examples of what to wear for your Inbody Scan:
- Gym Shorts
- Track Pants (non baggy)
- Tank Top
- Sports Bra
Examples of what not to wear for your Inbody Scan:
- Items in Pockets
- Tight Fitting Clothing
The bottom line is that you want to wear light, comfortable and breathable clothing that is not constricting in any way.
Can I drink alcohol before my Inbody scan?
No, you should not drink alcohol 24 hours before your Inbody scan. Alcohol consumption can lead to dehydration, which will impact the accuracy of your results.
Can I consume caffeine before my Inbody Scan?
No, you should not drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverages before your Inbody appointment. Caffeine will drastically remove water from your body and throw off your Inbody result.
Can I get an Inbody scan on my period?
Yes, you can get an Inbody scan on your period. In tests by a university study, woman on there period held more water which can slightly alter your results.
What if I have to pee during my Inbody Scan?
If you have to pee during your Inbody scan, please let the person doing the scan know and they will pause the scan.
Do breast implants affect inbody scans?
Maybe, breast implants will not normally affect your Inbody scan in a major way. Depending on the type of implants the overall weight may be different. However, if you have a pacemaker or other metal implants in your body, please let the person doing the scan know as these can interfere with the results.
Does nicotine affect Inbody scan results?
Yes, nicotine can affect Inbody scan results. Nicotine is a diuretic, which means it will cause you to lose water weight. This can impact the accuracy of your Inbody scan results.
In conclusion, by following the above simple steps you can be prepared for your Inbody scan and be on your way to receiving the most accurate results.
If you have any other questions about how to prepare for your Inbody scan, please consult with a healthcare professional.
We hope this article helped prepare you for your upcoming Inbody Scan!
If you have any more of your tips on how to prepare for an Inbody scan please leave us a comment below.